Master Code Book

Hey guys I am new to the Lock Smithing trade and am in need of a Master combination Code Book. Specifically the one that translates a serial number to combination.

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Brian

Reply to
Adam B. Lancaster

need of a Master

translates a serial number

check with you're supplier .. they should be able to send you one...

Reply to
"Keyman

It should be in you regular code books or software.

Just out of curiosity, why specifically "master lock combinations"? In twenty two years, I've probably had to look them up less than ten times. They're not that expensive. People usually just throw them away and by new ones.

BTW - "Locksmithing" is one word. Hope you didn't spell it like that ("Lock Smithing") in your advertising.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Because he's a kid looking for his neighbors combo.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Yeah, Glen. That was pretty much my take on it.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I'm not a kid, but am a amateur locksmith/in training and looking to buy all the supplies that I need. I know NO ONE that wants to teach me... And my local community college doesn't offer any classes in the trade. So please don't take offense to a question to locate materials to achieve my goal.

I understand that the trade is somewhat a secretive society that doesn't want there valuable information sitting for the average person to view. Or else they would be out a job.

So unless you have anything good to add please do not respond.

Reply to
Adam B. Lancaster

Okay, I'll take this one...

When you say "amateur" what exactly do you mean? How long have you been doing it and what do you know, so far?

When you say" "in training", what sort of training have you already had and what was the source of it?

What are your current sources?

Where are you located? Is there a *local* locksmith's association around you? Have you considered a correspondence course?

No offense taken. It's just that you showed up here and right off the bat, are looking of help in attaining _by-pass_ information. Had you read the FAQ, or even lurked for a little while, you'd know that was an invitation for the responses you'll get.

If you are, as you say, an "amateur / in training" one would assume that you'd already have some sort of supplier. If on the other hand, you are just starting, that's neither considered and amateur or in training. Those two descriptions would tend to mean that you already have some knowledge of the profession and have been doing it for at least a little while. And therefore would already have some sort of supply line.

And why do you think that is? Let's say for example you have... oh, idono.... a master combination padlock... on the shed where you keep all your lawn equipment. How would you like it if your neighbor's kid showed up here one day looking for the combination to it. Unless we know you better (from posting here for a while) how would we know you're not that kid?

Hardly. If you really think that, why would you want to enter this profession?

I'll tell you how to install a deadbolt. I'll tell you how to repair the lock on your front door. I'll tell you what's the best access control system for your particular needs. I'll even tell you how to install it. I'll tell you how to replace a lock on your car. I'll tell you and teach you anything *that doesn't involve by-pass methods*.

Do you really think telling someone how to pick a lock, or giving them access to codes is going to put me out of a job? For the record... By-pass is a _very_ small part of what locksmiths do.

In other words.... "If you won't tell me what I want to know, keep your mouth shut"? That's not a very good attitude for someone looking for help. If you want help (especially for free) accept it on the terms dictated by those who are willing to help you.

That all being said, what say we start over? Stick around. Participate. Learn. Share. Ask some questions not involving circuventional information for a while - till people get to know you and are comfortable answering them (privately). Do that and I guarantee, you'll get a better response.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Probably !!

Reply to
"Keyman

You can get that from virtually any locksmith supply house. However alone and of itself it is not worth the money. You will never look up enough codes to pay for it. Also the locks are easily opened by another method w/o damage and if the customer really wishes the combo it can easily be obtained with the lock open. The master code info is however part of most code programs. So you will most likely get it that way since a comprehensive code program is virtually a nessesity anyway. Note that it will not include most institutional i.e. school etc. locks no matter how you get it.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Reply to
Wayne's Locks