Mosler four wheel combination lock

I was given an old Mosler safe. No combination was with it. It is open. After looking around for a while I discovered it has a Mosler four wheel combination lock. The lock itself has only 2 complete dials(3 & 4) and the one on the dial to open. I was told a locksmith looked at the safe and he said it could be used as is. The safe has no serial numbers on it and the only numbers I could find were on the wheel cover and that was 7728...also inside the safe behind the door cover plate, 550 is scratched into the fireproofing material. I believe from what I have read this is a handset combination lock. I can read what the wheels are set to ie one is 72 the other 62 and these wheels are marked 3 and 4 the 1 and 2 outside rings are missing, but the inner rings are still there. I need to know how to open it, by that I mean is the #4 wheel the one I start with or end with? and if it is the end then how many times do I turn the 3 wheel to set it for the

4 wheel? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from an old dog ;o) Reply to my email address please.

Reply to
dawgsoldier

Without knowing what Mosler lock you have that's gonna be tough. Is it a direct entry fence? Or do you retract the lock bolt on the last turn of the dial? Is there someplace that you can post a picture of the inside of the lock case on line and then post a link to it here?

That would make it a whole lot easier to help you.

Sorry but if you want help, the least you can do is come back here to get it.

Bobby

Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS snipped-for-privacy@spaaamverizon.net

Bear Lock & Security Service, Inc - A full service locksmith company specializing in professional, cost effective solutions to your Commercial, Residential, Safe, and Automotive Security Problems.

<>< But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things will be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

One of these days... gonna see the hands that took the nails for me. One of these days... gonna hold the key to a mansion built for me. One of these days... gonna walk the streets of gold that were paved for me. One of these days, I'm gonna see my Jesus face to face. One of these days.

FFH

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

Thanks for the response Bobby. I will take pictures tomorrow, of the lock and the insides of the lock too and then post a link to the pictures. Thanks again for the response I do appreciate your time. Have a great week.

dawgsoldier aka Nick

Reply to
dawgsoldier

Thanks for your help everyone I do appreciate it. I believe I'll take the smart route for me and have a locksmith friend of mine come over here and set the old mosler combination for me. I can see that without some proper training this is best left to a professional...and I hate working on something when someone leaves me a mess after trying to fix it themself. I'll save money and frustration this way. Thanks for the good advice.

old dog aka Nick

Reply to
dawgsoldier