Phoney Antique Padlocks on eBay

These things are all over, sad but true. They are mfgd in the middle east and aged w/acid. They say: Winchester... Remington... Folsom Prison... Alcatraz... Union Arms Locker... etc & etc.... I just wanted to give you a heads/up. Whover is importing an tarnishing them is really doing a good job on making them look authentic. You can always tell by the keys. Genuine locks would have keys w/holes drilled up the shaft. They are all very similar in shape & they always have two orig. keys. What's the chance of that? See Items :

7394784517 6258407845 6258360028 All very "good" fakes. I would like to know who is behind these. I've seen them at local antique shows/flea markets going from $50-$200. Somebody is "cleaning up". Anyone have a line...?
Reply to
tomkk

There have also been fakes with bogus engraving.

Where there's a market, there is cash. Where there is cash, there's someone who will try to take it away from you. Caveat emptor, ALWAYS.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

So what is new? After the Bastille was stormed, blacksmiths did a roaring trade in making and selling fake Bastille keys.

Reply to
Peter