New to tubular picking, and looking for a list of the "Registered Codes", to make my life easier. :)

Hey all! I am new to picking tubular locks. I have broken 3 picks now trying to pick them correctly. Most of the locks I have had to pick have a registered code on them, but it takes forever (if at all) to get pick settings from the companies. It would also take forever to make my own list, based off of recorded locks picked in the past (not to mention expensive BECAUSE I KEEP BREAKING PICKS... ug =) Anywho,... I was hoping someone could pass a "master code list" onto me or, point me in a direction that could make my life a tad easier. Thanks for your time, and I hope that SOMEONE (anyone) , can help me.

-Bill (the Newbie Tube Picker) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Newbie Pick Man

We study through legitimate locksmith schools. And then apprentice to locksmith shops, and work in the field for years to learn our skills.

And you think you can just flipping post a public message and expect us to give you, for free, what we have worked and paid to learn?

And then to ask us to teach you how to defeat the locks our customers, friends, and family depend on to keep them safe?

Go jump off a bridge, you idiot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

STFU.

check out lockpicking101.com, alot of really useful information on there. use the search function before you ask.

Reply to
fugi

Reply to
wayne c

What 'codes' are you looking for? Is there a number stamped on the bottom of the lock that you are trying to look up?

Reply to
ndenton

Actually he's looking for the list compiled by Fanberg.

If you had studied harder, and knew what you were doing, maybe you would know that.

Of course, if he knew anything about this newsgroup, he would know better than to look for help here.

And by the way, I don't know where to obtain the list either.

Reply to
Al Mundy

Reply to
wayne c

That's essentially what I said.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Like stoman norman says, is this site to help locksmiths an crooks with out justifying who they are. this information should be bought through the proper chanels who see he is accredited first . madlock

Reply to
madlock

Dear Bill, Are you a locksmith, or just an enthusiast? The last person I trained on picking a tubular lock took all of about 70 seconds to do his first one- I had hardly got the words out of my mouth when he had the lock open. Yupp, they are that easy if you know the tricks.

Reply to
Bill Halle

What kind of picks are you using that keep breaking, I've been using my tubular pick for 6 years and never even bent a bar. Wayne

Reply to
wayne c

you know i once thought you had to pick one pin at a time on tubular . Had never done one before and had a customer who had a small safe that needed the key over ride opened. Went back to the supplier of the tubular pick and complained about how hard the tension was on each feeler and that it is denting my fingernail too much trying to slide them out each time. what a d*****ad did i feel like when i realised you needed no skill at all to use the pick.here i was trying to use it like i was actually picking the pins.

Reply to
Chris

I know what you mean Chris. When I bought mine, I didn't read the instructions first and had a heck of a time for about 10 mins. Then I got smart and read the dang paper and opened the lock in about 10 seconds. Amazing what the right tool can do. LOL Wayne

Reply to
wayne c