Padlock survey

What brand of padlocks does everybody prefer-and why? Rekeyable, Non-rekeyable, Multi-Cylinder, Retaining or Non-retaining,, Whatever...

TIA, goma.

Reply to
goma865

Which keyway you like?

brand? American.. NOT Master.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Mostly common keyways. I need multi-cylinder, too. I had an ABUS 83/KnK/45 set up for UE Keyway-works good. I'm Thinking American, too.

Did'nt Master take over American? Or merge?

Reply to
goma865

Abus is good too..they are also high on my list..

and I HOPE that Master didnt take them over..

didnt say so.. and neither does
--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I don't think they did. But this guy I know does alot of purchasing for them-and said that they were selling American Locks as well-ABUS too. I like the ABUS, too. I've had one on a locker opened every day for 5 years and still going good-Not showing a bit of wear in the operation.

Remember Federal?

goma865

well..can the 'public' buy direct? Schools and big organizations can, but 'joe blow' on the street? but, some of the bigger shops will do retail..

Thats why master is not high on my list.. STILL wish they made the one use trailer locks tho, could sell a ton of them..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I'm afraid it's true:

I don't know if it means any changes in production quality.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

always does, eventually.. drat..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Time to buy, buy, buy-LOL

Thanks you guys, for your input on this. Truth be revealed I prefer the ABUS or American. I've also had some requests for a shrouded shackle-Have'nt seen one in Multi-Cylinder. I'll keep looking.

Next time I see Bob I will get him to talk.-LOL

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Shrouded shackle that accepts KIK cylinders at the link. BBE.

Billy B. Edwards Jr.