Replacement Latch?

I have a Schlage A80 knoblock I'd like to use with a 2 3/8" backset door. The knob is 2 3/4".

Can you suggest an online source that has a replacement latch at the smaller backset?

TIA

Reply to
Waters

you mean the CURRENT latch is 2 3/4 back set?

search for commercial Schlage and see what you get..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Sorry about that. Let me clarify; the current knob is 2 3/8", the replacement is 2 3/4". I'd like to modify the replacement knob's latch length to fit the 2 3/8" door.

I did a google search for "commercial Schlage" and found several links on Schlage's site for their A series locks, but nothing on actually purchasing individual lock hardware.

What online site do you personally use for this sort of thing?

Reply to
Waters

ok, lets talk the same language here.,, from the CENTER of the door knob, to the FLAT part of the latch bolt is EITHER 2 3/8, or 2 3/4

MY thought would be to get your phone book, and see if there are any close by Schlage dealers.. I have one in my area that sells 'house grade',, but... might be able to order a grade 2- the A latch for you..

OR, look again in your local book and see who around if anyone sells commercial doors.. this will NOT be Lowes or Home Depot..those kind of places..one of those places will have it, or know who will.

dont, use a wholesaler that you cant get to.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I usually get them at my locksmith wholesaler. Don't know any online sources.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon