Re: 1907 yale

Subject: 1907 yale
>From: "rich" snipped-for-privacy@thelocksmith.karoo.co.uk
>Date: 7/24/2003 9:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time

It will probably get pulled. As far as I know ebay doesn't allow key machines
antique or otherwise.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
Someone named snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Putyourspamhere) Proclaimed on 24 Jul 2003 14:24:03 GMT,
Why not? I never read that.
-Graham
Reply to
G. Morgan
"rich" snipped-for-privacy@thelocksmith.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
you need to read Ebays policy about posting ads on use-net.
all groups allow advertising...
Reply to
"Keyman
Someone named "\"Keyman\"" snipped-for-privacy@Ya.net Proclaimed on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:12:18 GMT,
Can you cite which one? Are you saying selling pick-sets are not approved either?
-Graham
Reply to
G. Morgan
I have seen a few 3 day auctions and some reasonably priced "Buy it Now" auctions for key machines make it through with no problems. I have mixed feelings on this. Even the antique hand crank machines are usually pulled. I could possibly see code machines being banned but I'm not so sure about dupicators..... just my opinion though.
Leon Rowell
Putyourspamhere wrote:
Reply to
Leon Rowell
I have to admit I think ebay should change the heading from lock-picking devices to locksmithing tools or something similar. Nobody just reading through the prohibited categories would guess that key machines are included.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
Leon Rowell
I don't really think you can logically allow one type of machine and not the other. Duplicators can be used to originate keys, albeit not very efficiently. I will admit if it were up to me I would probably allow antiques. I know they can technically still be misused but I think it's unlikely that they will be.
In any case I have to admit that in the case of key machines keeping them off ebay likely does little good. They are widely available from commercial sources. Basically anyone willing to pay can buy any key machine they want. Additionally Yahoo auctions and others already allow them as far as I know.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
Someone named snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Putyourspamhere) Proclaimed on 24 Jul 2003 18:09:52 GMT,
Ohhh my! Whoops! I did not know that. :)
<sliding under the carpet, like a snake>
-Graham
Reply to
G. Morgan

Site Timeline