Rescom 90 Locksmith Tool

Has anyone ever heard of a locksmith kit called the Rescom90? It is a forcible entry kit that is designed to retract latches and bolts. Anybody have any info about it or know the company's name?

Thanks

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Found this reference in a cache from Al's Locksmith Message Board.

Posted by Rose on March 02, 2003 at 15:22:07:

I had never seen one of these until we bought out a small locksmith shop. The Rescom90 consists of a set of tools and instructions to enable the locksmith to unlock virtually every residential and commercial lock in seconds. The tools in this set are designed to be used in specific circumstances; emergency situations when there is not enough time to pick the lock, if it is most beneficial to save the lock, picking problems as a result of cold weather, if the lock has a high-security cylinder or a drill proof plate has been installed over a lock. Pictures available

Mark

Reply to
nice2cu

Thanks for the info. I already did an internet search and contacted the person who posted that message. She does not remember who she sold the tool kit to.

Thanks

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Rescom90? It is a

bolts.

kinda sounds like a tool that was on the market years ago. (can't recall the name) It had templates to show where one could drill an 1/8" hole at the circumference of the lock and insert a tool to retract the dead-bolt or latch bolt without unlocking the lock. You then had to repair the hole that was drilled and refinish the damaged part of the door. seemed like too much for too little to me.

g'day

Reply to
Key

High Tech sold it if I remember right.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I got my first locksmith job in 1985. I've read many years of locksmith magazines, dating back to 1976 or so. I've never heard of such a tool.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I believe I have heard of it... and I if it's what I think it is, after it was introduced (or more correctly, after it became known as something other than a burglar's tool) some manufacturers started modifying their lock designs to remove that exposure and others introduced an accessory for that purpose.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

Thanks for the info. I finally tracked one down and bought it.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Let me know if you want some pictures of it. I just bought the kit. When I get it, I'll take some pics.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew