Who here is a REAL locksmith?

After lurking here for a bit I have come to the conclusion that there are
not many real locksmiths on this NG. In no particular order people here:
Don't know where to find basic locksmith supplies. Complain about
authentication requirements of real locksmith sites (because obviously they
don't have locksmith credentials and can't get on them), say things that any
real locksmith would know are incorrect. Just how many REAL ACTUAL WORKING
locksmiths are there here? I can't believe that not one locksmith here knows
where to find Medeco pin refills the dude asked about. ANY serious locksmith
would know that. Even if you don't do Medeco keying you would have seen them
in your supplier catalogs.
Reply to
Macky
1. Like many trades, you will encounter various levels of expertise and specialization.
2. Basic locksmith supplies? Like someone in the UK asking American or Australian NG readers, and then complaining about the prices and shipping.
3. Medeco refills for individual pin sizes, can you find part numbers for individual pin sizes? I order most of my stuff through Clark Security, they do not list individual Medeco pins. Mayflower has them, but you need to call to order by type and size (pricey).
They are not even in the LAB catalog...
I'll be the first to admit not being born into this world already knowing everything about everything.
Please feel free to show us all how it is done. You are always welcome to offer constructive responses, help those in need, and educate us all.
Quack!
Reply to
BogusID
ORDER DIRECT FROM MEDECO, WHICH ANY PROFESSIONAL LOCKSMITH WOULD DO... JUST PLACE THE ORDER FOR WHAT YOU NEED AND PUT IT ON "KEY'S ACCOUNT". I'M SURE HE HAS A R-2-R RATING WITH D&B AND HAS A OPEN ACCOUNT WHIT MEDECO AND HE COULD AFFORD ANY THING THAT YOU WANTED ....
TECHNO SAFE NUT
Reply to
SHOCK & AWL
Just make sure you don't call Chris Young's Lock Shop in NY state or this is what you'll get:
From: "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-& snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Subject: Re: anyone have experience Message-ID: <45933a7c$1$16947$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com
"I did a MK in a factory where someone had filed and ground the plugs. I ended up making a 4-step, and even then I could jiggle a couple of the keys to get em to work in different doors. I hope they never find out."
Reply to
Steve
LOL, I chose NOT to give the level of info they wanted, what do they offer beyond other established resources huh? Should I feel deprived or something?
NOT!
Reply to
BogusID
This is bullshit and you know it. It doesnt take any more info to get on the wicki site than CS TNL IL or any other fucking thing like them. You just couldnt get in. You dont have to be a locksmith to get on any of 'em but you couldnt even con anybody into thinking you were.
Reply to
Punch Job
took a name and a certain number for me to get into Clearstar site., FAR less info than Wicki wants.
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
You gave em your SAVTA # and what did you have to give SAVTA to get that? Yea just as fucking much as youd have to give the wicki guy. He just couldn't get in.
Reply to
Punch Job
Wrongo Mary Lou!
I was not willing to give "some guy with a web site" that much personal info. If you are then OK with sharing that much info, fine that's your choice.
Stop comparing reputable organizations such as CS with some unendorsed Wiki page in progress.
I feel no personal loss and the weekly topic emails are filtered, until someone replies to it.
Reply to
BogusID
You can spin all you want little boy. I never "compared" the two except to say it takes just as much fuckin info to join SAVTA as it does the wicki site. If you wont give shit like your name, your address, and your business name, you just arent for real, or your a no balls little bitch afraid of his own shadow. Your no more a locksmith than I am. The difference is I've been on numerous "secure" (LMFAO) sites. At one fuckin time I was on 3 of em at once till I semi retired and wasn't lookin for that much info anymore. Now I'm on only one and I have a shit load of books, CDs, photos and notes, that covers most of whats out there anyway so if I need info on one of the few safes I dont have off one of the secure sites I just trade for it or buy it from a bud of mine who pays the fees anyway. And yea hes one of your secret squirrel buddies, license and all, who would sell the blueprints to Fort knox for a few bucks.
Reply to
Punch Job
Pal I've read your shit and I don't even think English is your first language so Im not real surprised that you couldnt figure it out. Now be a good little boy and quote WTF I said SAVTA = Wicki. Dont overload your little brain lookin.
Reply to
Punch Job

Site Timeline