William S Gillman IS A SOMESMARTASS

Can't you people SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This group has been taken over by trolls.

If crap doesn't change around here I wish you all a good life and the ones that can, I'll see you on TNL.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Please post something, anything, to back this up. You are the second person to say he's a troll and I haven't seen anything in his past posts, yes he has a posting history, to indicate that he is. Part of the problem here is that people are too quick to jump all over new posters without much if any provocation.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Do you know what. You're 110% right. It's just that I'm sick of all the trolls as that as Keyman would say "I should be listening" I'm just sick of all the crap and I apologise to William but that said I think I've got to go.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

life and the ones

the second person to

posts, yes he has a

problem here is that

much if any

my reasoning is that he has been around the business for at least 4 years now. (according to the date on some of his past post) if someone has been around the business that long ? they wouldn't be asking such novas questions.

Reply to
Key

Has anyone here ever taken in a stray cat? All you have to do is feed it once. Put a small bowl of milk out, a little bit of food, and you have a cat that hangs around and won't leave. What has that got to do with alt.locksmithing? In alt.locksmithing there's always someone who will feed the Trolls. That's why they hang around. They're being fed. There's always someone who feels "morally justified" to respond and defend their honor and that of the trade. Why? Why not stick around and post constructively and only respond to on topic post. Quit feeding the trolls.

I blame those that feed them by arguement or response. Ignore them. They'll get bored and go away. If the NG has gone downhill it's because we crosspost our responses to crossposted bait. STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS. Pretend they don't exist. Ignore them. There's no moral obligation to defend prices, practices, etc. Stop giving your 2 cents worth to trolls. They're not worth the price. Let idiots be idiots and take the high ground posting only to and responding only to constructive locksmithing issues.

We have seen the enemy and they are us. If we really want an enjoyable NG we have to make it. Keep feeding the Trolls and we'll have whole litters of unneutered animals breeding on our own door steps! Quit responding or reacting to them all together.

<Stepping off my soapbox now!>
Reply to
MThomas859

I remember when Billy Gillman first started posting. He wasn't a troll then and I would find it hard to imagine he is now. Keyman, I don't think William was a professional when he was posting before and maybe he just let the locksmithing fall by the wayside until now and just renewed his interest. Could be lots of reasons he would ask these questions. I don't quite understand why he asked so many questions before he received answers to the first one or two but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Everybody seems to be a little edgy right now and I personally would like to see everyone take a deep breath and think about what's going on in our newsgroup.....

my 2 Leon Rowell

Putyourspamhere wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

Maybe he has only been on the fringes of it or maybe he got out after just starting and is trying to learn more to get back in. Maybe he's just a hobbyist. I really don't know but I haven't seen anything he's posted to justify calling him a troll. The problem with being quick to judge new or infrequent posters ( and yes I know I've done it before) is:

a. It drives away people that might have things to contribute.

b. Real trolls read it and see it as an open invitation to come in and post their nonsense for the quick sure response that they thrive on.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Glen man you're getting way to serious about the whole thing. It's just bits and bytes floating around. You don't have any control over what some idiot posts and it can't really hurt you unless you let it bug you. So just don't let it bug you. Just ignore it or killfile it. Personally I just killfile the O/T lintroll wintroll and other heavily crossposted stuff and read most of the rest for a laugh when there aren't any real posts to read, either because every now and then one of them is actually funny, or more often because they make such idiots out of themselves it's hard not to laugh at them. If you have to DO something fire off abuse reports, at least for the true spam. Hell Keyman has made a little hobby out of trying to get spammers lines snipped, and he's probably actually succeeded quite a few times. I think he enjoys it and it's doing something positive, so hey go for it.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

wasn't a troll

was posting

wayside

reasons he

asked so

or two but

proven

and I

and think

noted and I "DO"agree....

Reply to
Key

message

good life and the

are the second

past posts, yes he has

problem here is that

without much if any

sick of all the

listening" I'm just sick

I think I've got to

thing. It's just bits

what some idiot

you. So just don't let

just killfile the O/T

read most of the rest

either because every now

because they make such

If you have to DO

spam. Hell Keyman has

snipped, and he's

enjoys it and it's

don't know about it being a hobby :-) however, it is more "positive" then the trolls care to admit.

g'day

Reply to
Key
<snippers>No Off

I think we all need to see these trolls, crossposters and the like for what they exactly are.total f**kwits. There are still on-topic posts and some interesting stuff here. The one post with the guy "Certified Master Locksmith" was so damn hilarious I almost refigured my hard drive from laughing too hard-What an Idiot!

The bullshit is here just like it is in "the world"

I stick to the on-topic posts most of the time and i dont mind answering questions if a post looks legit.

They are just all humans-and they can be assholes.. We know who the professionals are.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND SEE IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

OH THE HUMANITIES!!!!!!!

Later, goma

Reply to
goma865