I'm tired

I think I'm going to plonk this whole group. Most of the people that come here, I would give the very shirt off my back if they asked for it. However, I'm tired of all the punk trolls that show up here. Keytroll, you need to find a life. Somesmartass, must be the same person. I'm tired. Why are all you trolls so screwed up in the head? Dont you have a life? Go have sex with the ol' lady for goodness sakes if yo can and lay off the locksmiths that come here to try to help people! Go releave some presure some place other than here. I'm fed up with the crap latley. I've been here since 98. I guess it is a general thing going around since then that the alt. newsgroups have gone down hill do to the net being more available to the public. What a bunch of crap this group has turned into because of so few of us being jerks.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

You just hit the nail on the head it's only one or two people.

Do just killfile the jerks, and any post with the word linux in the subject line. That will take care of 90% of it.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

I'd appreciate if you would stay on. I enjoy your comments.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Same here

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I'll just start using the kill file a lot more like everyone says. Maybe that will calm my nerves :-) Let's see, first one: Linux, plonk! There, that's better. And now...

Reply to
Glen Cooper

everyone says. Maybe

Linux, plonk! There,

also glad you're not leaving Glen.

g'day

Reply to
Key

Hello, Just lettin' you guys know that I'm still here.I did have some computer probs, but they are taken care of.Been pretty busy with classes and business. This post looked worthy of responding too.

Just ignore the shit.

Later, Ralph.

Reply to
goma865

Thanks guys!

Btw, to those who may not know me I'm not this "Glenn" person overcharging and such. I'm Glen Cooper. a locksmith in Houston that trys to treat people right.

Trip charge 8 til 5, 40-45 bucks, after that 65 or 80. Memorial day 75 trip charge plus triple charge on a rekey because it was tax deductable for the customer and I was at the cemetary when I got the call saying hi to my two brothers one that died in battle in the Nam and the other that drank himself to death 14 years after he came home.

I really appreciate the positive responses. It's been a rough few days for me. I lost my whole family in wars. My dad had a stroke when Cronkite in April 68 announced my brother Jimmys' death on TV and the wierd thing is when the army showed up at the door about an hour later the two solders are the ones that saved his life by recognising the signs. Needless to say with all the crap going on latley I have been under a lot of personal stress dealing with my own demons.

I come her barking, I'm going to plonk this group! The truth is I like it a lot. I just wish these assholes would lay off.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Try also Lemark, and micros~1.

I've got a new policy. Every time I get a bunch of posts crossed over here, I reply and delete off locksmithing, and home repair. I use "insert text" and cram in a religious article.

I do that four times per thread. I figure the bunch of nitwits on comp linux OS will get tired of me after awhile.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks for breaking the ice. I went to $35 for the house call, and $40 an hour this year. might still be too cheep.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Most of the military guys I've met are very decent people.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can't imagine that folks on alt locksmithing or alt home repair want to be reading Linux related articles. Makes me wonder. Why would someone X-post so diverse groups?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is an easy one. They spend so much time at the computer eating junk food that they are nerdy, pimply faced and fat without having developed any social skills, hence they get their jollies by pestering other folks.

The best thing to do is not feed them. Give their posts no replies and enter in all to the participants of their little game into your kill file.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

This will not work. The trolls do not care what you do in retaliation, only that they provoke you. Give them nothing.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf
<snip>NO OFF I charge 35.00 for home lockout and 38.00 for auto-that is within city limits.Out of town starts at an extra 10.00 .Sometimes I think i dont charge enough.There is another locksmith who charges alot more, but he has been doing it about 16 years.Maybe I should buck it up some so im not undercutting.

just a thought.

Later, goma

Reply to
goma865

That's all fine and well until the trolls that live in COLA simply add locksmithing back to the distribution or simply retaliate by posting still more of their nonsense here.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Unless your area is very depressed it is too cheap. Try to get a plumber or HVAC company to come out for $40.00.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

A. Because they have an interest in anoying people in locksmithing, homerepair.

B. They are trolling the lin/win NG's and Crosspost to locksmithing/homerepair to generate crossposted responses that will annoy the people in the real target group which is of course also part of the crosspost.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

It's a good thought. If he charges $70.00 you may get twice the work he does but you have to just to make the same money.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

In other words, you're helping this twit annoy the linux users. NOT bright.

Killfile it. Pure and simple.

He wants a response. Any response. The nastiest thing you can do to him is ignore him.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam