stuck key

i got my medeco key stuck in the back door of my apartment building and i cant get it out and im worried bcause its late at night and my only key, plus their not cheap to replace, i was wondering if any one had any suggestions on how to get it out?

Reply to
likwid.phyre

Everyone will probably disagree with me but if it is an emergency, I would recommend you first try wiggling it left, right, up and down then as a last resort, give it a shot of WD40.

Reply to
Tom

Probably got it out by now, but if you didn't try holding the cylinder plug (part that spins) inward towards the door while pulling out on the key. the retainer or screws maybe loose.

Reply to
Roger Cann

Apartment building? Call your landlord and ask him to call a locksmith for you.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I agree with the "wiggling", but would "give it a shot of WD40" first...

Reply to
Key

If WD-40 doesn't work, its possible that the retainer in the back of the cylinder is loose, and the key is getting trapped. Try pushing in on the keyway while pulling on the key.

Reply to
rd