Latest threads in 🔒 Lockmithing and Lockpicking Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: stainless vs spring steel
or spring steel? depends on the application...
6
6

risk of damaging locks?
I was wondering how much risk there is of damaging a lock from picking it? I'm new to picking, just started a couple days ago actually, and I've been practicing on mine and some of my friend's doors....
10
10

Key substitution list
Is there a download or www I can get for blank substitution via brands and replacement updates? William
6
6

Re: Req: Warded padlock picking techniques - help please !
Your problem seems to be that you are mixing techniques and mechanisms. Warded locks don't have levers. Just because the keys may look a little similar sometimes doesn't mean the mechanisms are. There...
2
2

A different perspective on Matt Blaze
I'm not posting this from my usual account, so some introduction is in order. I've been a professional locksmith for 14 years now, owned my own business (with a partner and 2 FT employees plus some...
12
12

A different perspective on Matt Blaze
Sorry for the multiple postings. I don't know what happened.

A different perspective on Matt Blaze
I'm not posting this from my usual account, so some introduction is in order. I've been a professional locksmith for 14 years now, owned my own business (with a partner and 2 FT employees plus some...
23
23

OT: Bastille Day
Hello group. Please help me celebrate my sister's birthday. Please go to: before 4:00 PM east coast time. Make subject line: Happy Bastille Day ! No need for a message in the body of the post. BTW...

Just Getting into it
Can anyone tell me the best way to get into locksmithing? Are there schools for this sort of thing or do you just kinda learn on your own. Just curious . . .

Keys found in UK
Hiya folks, A friend of mine found these keys in the garden of a house in London UK, would anyone be able to provide any information on what kind of locks they fitted or history about them, including...
8
8

Re: To late to Locksmith?
In my area, anyway, there is an introductory locksmithing class put on by the local school district adult (night) school and is taught by a couple of working locksmiths. Good place to start from. I...
1
1

OT New FREE Updated Zone Alarm Firewall
For any one using Zone Alarm Fire Wall. There is a new FREE Update / ZoneAlarm 3.7.193 'day My Account | .xyz | For every website, everywhere®
2
2

OBP Trans Pricing
I am lately getting calls for OBP Transporters. What is a fair price for Duplication & Programming with no keys available? Thanks. William
1
1

Auto prox now !
The latest news out of Europe is VW has fitted prox readers in their vehicles. The owner carries a prox type key fob in his pocket. When he is within 6 feet of the vehicle it automatically disarms and...
2
2

Lock turns, but doesn't open????
Hi I have encountered a lock with something weird with it. Actually it were 2 lock, simple deadbolt locks (at least I think that is what they call it in english) like this === // \ |............| | |...
5
5