Latest threads in 🔒 Lockmithing and Lockpicking Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Could this idea work on worn key tip?
Sorry, but I don't know much about locksmithing or what terms to use. My brother has an ancient key which he hardly ever uses, but it has worked for many years. Unfortunately his kid has been using it...
4
4

Re: 'smithing/'picking and appropriate channels
It's really pretty simple. We are payed to protect peoples security. Not to compromise it. Therefore when it comes to giving SPECIFIC information on defeating a certain lock or mechanism to the...
3
3

Fiber Picks
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using fiber picks before i order some, http://www.pickmasters.net/pickmasters.html
3
3

ROSES AND ROAD APPLES Thank you to all!!
We the Short Family Wish to THANK the following People ie Companys for there help in getting us back on our feet after a F4 Tornado wiped us out on May 4th of this year. ROSES to :::Mr. Kelly at LAB...
10
10

Blank too short
Ran into that about a week ago trying to make a key to a Hyundai. Even the B55 Chevy Sprint blank goes in, but this one ahd a two cut at the tip, and my code had a onecut. Trip to a Hyundai dealer,...
2
2

Converting a Kwikset to a Schlage
Can anyone give me any pointers on how to convert standard Kwikset (KW1) deadbolt to a Schlage SC1 deadbolt? Does anyone make a conversion plug? It is in a handle set and the deadbolt cannot be...
3
3

Nice tool !
I just LOVE new 'quality' tools !!. Shouted myself a new Metabo Power Grip cordless driver. It's tiny (about the size of a small banana), but unbelievably powerful. German quality, 2 batteries, etc...
3
3

Re: Reprogrammable Keys
Not familiar with them. They sound useful though. Do you have a web or other address for the manufacturer? I owuld like to get more info.

Re: street sweeper bristles
=--- follow a street sweeper for a few blocks. worked for me ! no flame intended
11
11

Old padlocks (well, maybe just replicas)
came across these today and bought all 4 of them pretty cheap. I think they are replicas, but they are still very cool. The largest one is bigger then any padlock I have ever seen =) (I put M1...
6
6

'99 Gran Prix problem
Hi, Got a lost key call for '99 Gran Prix. Ran the VIN and got B131. Cut the key, but it doesn't work anything. Ran the VIN again through local dealer; same B131. The car has both windows all the way...
6
6

Re: Auto lockout set
I have the low tech set that I bought for about 60 bucks. It has always done fairly well. You can email me directly and I'll tell you where I bought it and for how much.
8
8

need help on dreaghtnought saves
if any has any information about a the dreaghtnought series And you wouldt like to sent it to me You realy make me happy because I dont want to loose a bet. sent it to
2
2

Re: Auto lockout set
Well you won't like me... have the HighTech set. Wayne
9
9

Re: Butters system
Butter's System is a mechanism using a number of flat detainers which preferably are sliders, having a shallow slot in one edge. A crank is operated by a high point on the bolt, instead of using a...