Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Puzzle...Thermic route for ferroalloy
Sir I need the active support for my Question. In case of Aluminothermic production of ferrotitanium from ilmenite or rutile Aluminium powder is added with lime and mill scale. in case of commercial...

Help: Material Recommendation
I am searching for a durable material that I can shape/grind with the Dremel. This material has to be able to withstand the heat of a soldering iron, and I will have to grind it into shapes that have...
2
2

stress- strain
An outstanding problem in plastic deformation of solids has been: Is it external stress or external strain that we could prescribe at local material points? for details..
1
1

Mechanics: Modeling, Experimentation and Computation
JOIN The group for Mechanics: Modeling, Experimentation and Computation Google Groups

macro and micro etching
Under what conditon do we require micro or marco etching? Anything specific or conditons? Thanks Amit

"cleaning" alumina crucible
could anyone suggest me how to "clean" alumina crucible. i tried to sinter some powder at 800C and it left behind some coating inside the crucible. tried using conc. acids, but not working well..any...
4
4

Micro Etching and Macro Etching
What is the difference between Micro Etching and Macro Etching in context to microstructure study? i have a link discuss about Micro etch and macro etch? I am especially interested in Al Alloys....
6
6

followup to Structural Nucleo Theory by Dr. Yehiel Porat
a precedent for my better conductor: Forwarded message ---------- From: Autymn D. C. Date: 27 Oct 2006 15:33:21 -0700 Subject: Re: Structural Nucleo Theory by Dr. Yehiel Porat To: hansDr. -> dr. For a...
5
5

Efficiency of pyrolytic graphite deposition.
I just became familiar with the existence of pyrolytic graphite and its diamagnetic properties. Magnetic suspension without power has long been an interest of mine so i was disappointed to find out...
2
2

Client Roaster?
Recently I happened to land on the web page for Advanced Materials Associates at was amused to find that the menu marked Company contained a tab labeled "Client Roaster". That certainly is one way for...

water-shedding-est material?
does any surface shed water better than PTFE? is there a flavor of PTFE which is the best?
5
5

Artist Looking for Ideas Re: Corrosion & Staining
I'm a non-scientist part-time artist experimenting with different elements to use in lieu of paints to create art. I've used rust directly on canvas as a medium by sandwiching sheets of canvas with...
1
1

Uddeholm AEB-L Martensitic Stainless Steel
I have recently tried to find some basic info about Uddeholm AEB-L stainless steel and its physical metallurgy on the Internet, but when I found almost nothing I decided to put together a short text...
1
1

Fire Barrier Materials, Flame Retardants, Halogen free Flame Retardants in materials
conference invitation: Berlin 6.March.2007, London New York 9.March.2007 Fire Protection Materials Business Briefing Conference 2007 Fire Barrier Materials, Flame Retardants, Halogen free Flame...
1
1

seek hi-temp porous polymer membrane
seek a "gore-tex"-like fabric that can withstand very high temperatures for an industrial application. The Gore company sells stuff that is spec'd up to 550 F. I'd like to go a bit higher. Advices?
5
5