Artist Looking for Ideas Re: Corrosion & Staining

I'm a non-scientist part-time artist experimenting with different
elements to use in lieu of paints to create art. I've used rust
directly on canvas as a medium by sandwiching sheets of canvas with
rusting metal pieces and periodically adding water to promote the
oxidation process.
I'd like to explore other elements that would provide stains that would
transfer to canvas as they corrode or oxidize, especially if they would
create stains of other colors besides red/rust.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
cottonchipper
I think Theodore Gray had a steel "painting" with different thicknesses of oxide for different spectral hues.
-Aut
Reply to
Autymn D. C.