Artist Looking for Ideas Re: Corrosion & Staining

I'm a non-scientist part-time artist experimenting with different elements to use in lieu of paints to create art. I've used rust directly on canvas as a medium by sandwiching sheets of canvas with rusting metal pieces and periodically adding water to promote the oxidation process.

I'd like to explore other elements that would provide stains that would

transfer to canvas as they corrode or oxidize, especially if they would

create stains of other colors besides red/rust.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
cottonchipper

I think Theodore Gray had a steel "painting" with different thicknesses of oxide for different spectral hues.

-Aut

Reply to
Autymn D. C.