artist ink for washes

Hi all.I was wondering if anyone here have ever used artist inks to hi-light panel lines,flight controls,etc.Your thoughts on use, application would be most welcome.Many thanks,Kelly Voyles

Reply to
Kelly Voyles

I often use India ink diluted with decal setting solution. The more you dilute the more subtle the highlighting is and the setting solution does a nice job of lowering the surface tension.

J. Bright

Reply to
jhbright

I've used Dr. Martin's inks and dyes for about 30 years to highlight, and enhance many of the models I've built.

Being water soluble you need to make sure that your finished handling the model, before you get too involved with these washes, as even moisture from your hands can mean grief! But otherwise, they've worked great for me.

Good day, F Marion

Reply to
Francis Marion