Al 1100 etching agent for microstructure

Hello I am trying to etch my Al 1100 specimen for microstructure analysis (grain size, rolling direction, crystal deformation).
I have tried keller's, boss etch none of it works (too strong).
Suggestions are welcome.
Amit
Amit Pandey wrote:

As Uncle Al has said repeatedly on this forum: "Six months in the lab will save you an afternoon in the library."
Get off the web and go to your friendly local engineering library at a university. Look up the section on metallography of aluminum alloys in the ASM Handbook. It is in Volume 9, Metallography and Microstructures. This used to be called the Metals Handbook. In the 9th edition of the Metals Handbook you want to look in Volume 9 on pages 351 to 361 (see 0.5% HF etch pitctures of Al 1100). I don't have the newest ASM handbook handy, just the red 9th edition.
Pittsburgh Pete
Thanks