Barium Fluoride Crystal

Hello to everyone
I got a problem, I have a Barium Fluoride crystal for Infra Red Transmission Spectra, and after cleaning it with water it has become
foggy and I can't find any way of getting rid of it. Can someone tell me how?
Thanks a lot
Reithor wrote:

As you've found out the hard way, BaF2 is slightly water-soluble--you've destroyed your optical surfaces. BaF2 isn't the most soluble infrared material--it's only 1.7g/litre at room temperature, compared with 370g/litre for NaCl, but that's quite enough.
Your options are: (A) repolish, or (B) replace.
I recommend (B) if you want reliable spectra in the future, since some of the water probably soaked in. BaF2 can be cleaned with clean ethanol, IIRC, but check with the manufacturer of your new window.
Cheers,
Phil Hobbs