chitosan

hi am working on chitosan. i have some difficulty in purification of chitosan. when i precipate it dil NaOH solution it give my white color pulp like material which on drying become compressed and turn brown. please suggest me solution of my preblem

Reply to
vimal kumar

Commercial chitosan is full of gunk, and extremely hard to purify (chitosan is used as a purification *agent* for a reason!). Try metal chelating agents...but it's best if you just purchase some better grade of chitosan with higher purity.

Reply to
rekuci

i am trying the similar one but i want to purify the material i have. thanks vimal kumar

Reply to
vimal kumar