Electromagnetic Energy in Dental Amalgams

And they're full of mercury.

Reply to
Linda

I thought that was electric eels...

Reply to
Florida Hygienist

I've heard of people picking up radio in their fillings. If I were to pick up television, and it was a pay per view channel, how would they know to change me?

Reply to
Charles

If you can describe the permittivity, permeability and conductivity of a material, you can describe completely how electromagnetic energy behaves within that material. (*)

The permittivity of a material is measured in farads per metre.

The permeability of a material is measured in henry per metre.

The conductivity of a material is measured in siemens per metre.

Do you know what the values of these properties are for a typical dental amalgam?

Or are you just as ignorant as everyone else?

Keith P Walsh

(*)

Keith P Walsh

Are you saying that it is not possible to find out what the electromagnetic properties of dental amalgams are?

Keith P Walsh

Reply to
Keith P Walsh

Now I was thinking about this...........

As I said before, the properties you want could be found in an afternoon. Its not a Roswell cover up. If you had these figures, what good would it do you? You could ask your local college to find them as a mini project.

Any effects would vary hugely according to the individual fillings, the patient and the phone.

Now........... Wire braces & wire in some bridges should worry you more...... You could get a lot more energy induced into those, and they are curved so marking part of a coil.

John Chewter

But only in their amalgams ,,,,,, its best to get fish with composites instead .......... or crowns ......

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

Eel can pack quite a wallop .......

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

Why do you think everyone wants one of the little mouth mirrors that dentists use?

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

Evidentally, you don't know what these values are or you would already know the answer, wouldn't you Keith? This suggest that, just perhaps, you yourself are ignorant.

Go do your homework.

carabelli

carabelli

I have this idea that if I were to find out what the permittivity, permeability and conductivity of dental amalgam are then I would be able to describe completely how electromagnetic energy behaves within that material.

See:

Then, if anyone ever told me that their amalgam fillings were causing unpleasant sensations when they used a cell phone, or that they had heard radio signals picked up by their fillings, or that their fillings were causing them headaches and that this might be something to do with their electromagnetic behavior, I would be able to explain to them with an appropriate degree of scientific authority how these things cannot happen.

Or otherwise.

As it is I, like everyone else, am ignorant of these properties.

However I, apparently unlike many others, do not agree that our ignorance in this matter is justifiable (because metal amalgam dental fillings are placed in children's teeth).

The inquiry with which I originated this thread was not restricted to the reported effects of cell phone signals only, but was also intended to include all the variety of electromagnetic sources which we are subjected to every day.

Keith P Walsh

PS, further enquiries concerning the electrical properties of dental amalgams can be found at:

Keith P Walsh

in general you are wrong. there are other properties that are also needed to describe electrical interaction with materials. there are several magnetic properties, more electric field properties, temperature dependence of various properties, and surface effects that you must also consider. that gore site is still a gross simplification of real world conditions... and even if you define all those effects what are you going to do with them??

Reply to
Dave

Keith, what exactly where you doing when you had this revelation??

carabelli

carabelli

You would also be able to construct a flux capacitor.

carabelli

carabelli

That is your problem.

Please cure it somewhere else.

Look at this cure :

Regards,

Aribert Deckers

Reply to
Happy Oyster

Insults ? Mr. Walsh, you should not do that... This is not a kindergarten.

Regards,

Aribert Deckers

Reply to
Happy Oyster

Amalgam is completely outdated. Give a dentist suggesting it a bashing. Nowadays you choose between polymer and ceramic (and perhaps gold). Yes, amalgam takes 15 minutes, while polymer takes an hour. Material costs are close to zero.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Utter hogwash.

You have been repeatedly told that making such measurments is not all that difficult and if you want the numbers go make the measurements.

You have not done so and appear incapable of doing so which would indicate you are also incapable of doing anything meaninful with the numbers, a much more complex problem.

Reply to
jimp

Close to zero? Not that that's the point. I want to order my supplies wherever you're ordering yours. BTW, do you really think the patient should choose the material?

Steve

Reply to
Steven Bornfeld

As with any medical procedure, the patient should be told all realistic courses of treatment and their pros and cons so the patient can make a rational choice, unless you consider all patients to be blithering idiots.

Reply to
jimp