Electromagnetic Energy in Dental Amalgams

How would you know, you've never tried to do it and you never will.
If you believe you are so incompetent you can't make these simple measurements, send some money to Gore Electronics and I'm sure they will be glad to do it for you.
Remember, the children are counting on you to save them.

How would you know, you've never tried to do it and you never will.

How would you know, you've never tried to do it and you never will.
For all your rants only one temperature and condition is relevant, that of the human mouth which is damn constant.

Totally irrelevant; a material is a material; amalgam isn't magic.

Totally irrelevant; a material is a material; amalgam isn't magic.

Totally irrelevant; a material is a material; amalgam isn't magic.

Totally irrelevant; a material is a material; amalgam isn't magic.

Totally irrelevant; a material is a material; amalgam isn't magic.

Unless the structure is at least an eighth of a wavelength, totally irrelevant; a material is a material; amalgam isn't magic.

Unless the structure is at least an eighth of a wavelength, totally irrelevant; a material is a material; amalgam isn't magic.

So go ahead and measure them; no one else is going to do it for you.
The equipment to do so can be found cheaply on the surplus market or on E-bay. The techniques can be found in any number of books.
Get off your ass, shut up, and go make the measurements.

Not until you get off your ass and go make the measurements.

Remember the children are depending on you to save them; go get the equipment and make the measurements before it is too late.

http://www.goreelectronics.com/products/emi/Electromagnetic_Material_Character.html
--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.

<Babbling snipped>

There is a GenRad LCR bridge for $9.99 on Ebay right now.
Save the children!
Buy it now and make the measurements.
Remember, you must save the children!
Is $9.99 too much for you to spend to save the children?
--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
snipped-for-privacy@specsol-spam-sux.com wrote:

SAVE THE CHILDREN !!!!!!!
Start your electrical propertis lab now.
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS !!!
Save the children, for God's sake, while there is still time!
Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:09:02 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@specsol-spam-sux.com wrote:

I think your contributions are getting sillier and sillier.
And I also think that you are missing the point.
It has been known for more than 160 years that when an electrical conductor moves in an electromagnetic field an electromotive force is induced in the conductor, and also that when a stationary electrical conductor is subjected to a varying electromagnetic field then an electromotive force is again induced in the conductor.
In order to establish whether or not the electromotive forces induced in metal amalgam dental fillings as a result of their electromagnetic behavior are able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads it should be necessary to carry out experimental investigations to demonstrate it one way or the other.
If you were able to think scientifically then you would recognise that such investigations should already have been carried out.
And the results should have been published.
And why?
Because metal amalgam dental fillings are placed in children's teeth.
That's why.
Keith P Walsh
PS, enquiries concerning the electrical properties of dental amalgams can be found at:
http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/intro.htm
So, it sounds like you won't spend a little money to SAVE THE CHILDREN.
It is clearly more your style to try to shame others into filling this viatal "data void"<.
So, the chance to fill this void by yourself is ignored.
Keith P Walsh wrote:

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Koombahyah. Save the farms first!
Then save the children .......
Willie Nelson lives ......

Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA
350 millivolts? I guess that is why my refrigerator magnets always get stuck to my fillings .......
JOEL

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

Amalgam is completely outdated. Give a dentist suggesting it a bashing. Nowadays you choose between polymer and ceramic (and perhaps gold). Yes, amalgam takes 15 minutes, while polymer takes an hour. Material costs are close to zero.
Rene
Rene Tschaggelar wrote:

    Close to zero? Not that that's the point. I want to order my supplies wherever you're ordering yours.     BTW, do you really think the patient should choose the material?
Steve

As with any medical procedure, the patient should be told all realistic courses of treatment and their pros and cons so the patient can make a rational choice, unless you consider all patients to be blithering idiots.
--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
snipped-for-privacy@specsol-spam-sux.com wrote:

    You can't realistically think that was what I was talking about, do you?     Do you believe a patient receiving an orthopedic implant must know the metallurgy of titanium before surgery?     I believe that in a given restorative situation, there may be one or several appropriate choices. These should be discussed. In the end, the professional is responsible for the choice, which the patient is free to reject. If the wrong choice is made, it is the doctor's mistake--no amount of explanation to the patient makes it the patient's mistake. If "polymer" is not appropriate, I don't ordinarily think I need to explain why it is inappropriate. If a patient asks, I will tell.     If you wish to be as knowledgeable as I about dental materials, you'll most likely need to go to dental school. Sorry.
Steve

From the tone of the first post and the tone below, yes.

You were doing fine until "If you wish to be as knowledgeable as I...", then the arrogant I know better than you so shut the hell up and do as I say tone returned.
--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:24:22 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@specsol-spam-sux.com wrote:

Ah, the spice, the spice, So entertaining ...
One post from the Master Troll and there are a dozen replies and no doubt a dozen more waiting.
MA Sonjariv
snipped-for-privacy@specsol-spam-sux.com wrote:

My error--I thought it was you lecturing the patient that the dentist needed "a bashing" (when it was -Rene Tschaggelar)-I thought I was only returning the arrogance, and apologise for misfiring. As for the substance (as opposed to tone) do you really think clinical decisions such as this should be left to the patient?
Steve

-- Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS Brooklyn, NY 718-258-5001 http://www.dentaltwins.com
In sci.physics.electromag Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

OK.
As to the substance, it is the patients body, pain, and money.
I'll give you a couple of practical examples:
A couple of years ago I developed a dental problem; the details are not important.
The dentist gave me three options, one of which was to do nothing.
He explained the short and long term effects of all options, the costs, what would be involved, etc. and which option he thought best.
He even briefly mentioned other solutions and why they were not a valid option in this case.
It is because he does this that he has been my dentist for a long time and will continue to be and gets reccommended to anyone that asks me if I know a good dentist.
In another case, an MD gave me an obviously BS answer when I dared to question him on something. I found another MD the next day.
--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
snipped-for-privacy@specsol-spam-sux.com wrote:

Perfectly understandable, and totally different from making a clinical decision on your own or dictating treatment. Exactly the kind of interaction I'm looking for with a patient.
Steve
-- Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS Brooklyn, NY 718-258-5001 http://www.dentaltwins.com
True, I always give the patient the choice (and the associated additional cost) in choosing between a #12 blade and a #15 blade for my Bard-Parker scalpel.
JOEL

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA
Steven Bornfeld wrote:

Absolutely. Amalgam is ugly beyond description. Strange that you never noticed that, as you appear to be from the field. The cost are coverable. Ask the patient whether the nicer look is justified by a few bucks more. I was asked and choose to pay more.
Rene

In the appropriate application this can be a good choice. Don't know what you mean by "coverable". The extra expense is generally not covered by insurance benefits in the US. I have heard that beauty is skin deep, but ugly is to the bone.