Extending the life of silicone diaphragm

Hello, I need to extend the life of a silicone-nomex wastegate actuator diaphragm. It is subjected to high temperature and it eventualy fails. Would coating it with silicone oil result in longer life span until I find the replacement? Can I do anything else to extend its life? This is for an automotive application where the wastegate bypasses the exhaust gases around the turbocharger in order to regulate the boost.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

You could also try and make the diaphragm out of a fluorosilicone in the first place if you don't mind spending wads of cash....

Rgds.

Simon

Reply to
Simon Kay