Extending the life of silicone diaphragm

Hello, I need to extend the life of a silicone-nomex wastegate actuator diaphragm. It is subjected to high temperature and it eventualy fails. Would coating it
with silicone oil result in longer life span until I find the replacement? Can I do anything else to extend its life? This is for an automotive application where the wastegate bypasses the exhaust gases around the turbocharger in order to regulate the boost.
Regards,
Boris Mohar
Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) http://www.viatrack.ca
You can try laminating the diaphragm with a very thin layer of brass mesh coating with a fluorosilicone resin or epoxy resin. Check up if the slight increase in thickness wil not matters.

You could also try and make the diaphragm out of a fluorosilicone in the first place if you don't mind spending wads of cash....
Rgds.
Simon