I yell at some "scientists" (well, more like students)

the followup:

Autymn D. C.

Kick their asses !!!

(like Austin Powers) ~ ~ ~ YEAHhhhh ~ ~ ~

Seriously though, self organization - what is that - complexity theory or something ? That is pretty wierd stuff when you consider entropy, chaos, laws of thermo and then you have things like accretion disks and atomic orbitals. So many wierd mysterious things just seem to self organize.

Reply to
Dr. V I Plankenstein

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

This is natural when there are particula of different masses. Look at the permanent 10MK - 6kK temperature gradient between the sun's corona and surface. Some gradient will be there whether the sun is alive or dead.

?q=Autymn+permanent

-Aut

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

Excuse me, but from what did you infer the corona temperature? It seems to me very like that in the corona there's no thermal equilibrium, so no temp definable, according with zeroeth law of TD.

Sure about thath last statementent of yours?

Ciao, Angelo

Reply to
Angelo

On 20 Apr 2007 11:50:05 -0700, the following appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by Angelo :

Not agreeing with any woo-woo ideas about the sun being "alive" (if that's what this is about; I haven't been following this thread), but FYI...

Bob Casanova

What do you want to say, on or off? Anything is alive; it need not be awit or aware. ("live wire") And what is "woo-woo"?

Is a "coronal hole" in the "corona"?

Yes, the gasses can no more equalise their heats, in any lotter of steps, than the planets and moons or the el=E8ctr=F2ns and prot=F2ns can equalise their paths. Everything is a perpetual motion makine.

-Aut

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

On 20 Apr 2007 15:09:42 -0700, the following appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by "Autymn D. C." :

What is this supposed to mean?

"Anything" is not alive; neither the sun nor a rock is alive. "Live wire" is slang; it doesn't mean the wire is literally alive; it means it's carrying electricity. "Woo-woo" is, among other things, the claim that non-living things are literally alive.

Did you read the paper?

Reply to
Bob Casanova

Error about "live wire". A live wire has an electric potential above ground level sufficient to conduct electricity to ground through the testing body. (Usually a human hand.) FK

Reply to
Fred Kasner

Forget you.

Both are alive as they are not absolutely still. I did not say they were life. What does "woo-woo" mean?

Yes.

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:48:04 -0500, the following appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by Fred Kasner :

Point taken, although I'd make it "a potential sufficient to cause physical harm", usually 50V or greater, depending on individual skin conductivity. I phrased it in such a way that someone who thinks the sun is alive might understand it, but as an EE for 30 years I probably shouldn't have.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

On 22 Apr 2007 19:56:02 -0700, the following appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by "Autymn D. C." :

If you're going to use personal definitions instead of those generally accepted, expect to be misunderstood and live with the consequences. *Nothing* is "absolutely still" at any temperature above absolute zero.

No, you didn't. You said they were alive, which in normal usage means they exhibit the characteristics of life.

Flaky, loony, given to the use of definitions no one else uses, believing things without any evidence. Take your pick.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

I liv.

belive, then?

How does it mean those?

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

On 26 Apr 2007 20:51:49 -0700, the following appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by "Autymn D. C." :

HANL

Reply to
Bob Casanova

No, /you/ hav a nescient life.

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

Why must you be so contrafabulostic to people of extrayutremous polyglyphications?

Reply to
Phineas T Puddleduck

quack quack quack Wonderful input, Duck. John

Reply to
malibu

Yep. And not a hint of alien help about it whatsoever.

Reply to
Phineas T Puddleduck

In sci.physics, Phineas T Puddleduck

wrote on Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:34:01 +0100 :

*madly scrambles for online dictionary but falls off the discussion anyway as he has no clue as to all this* :-)
Reply to
The Ghost In The Machine

Why Ghost! I would scarcely have emphaltisted such an indutraneous response to such an ignotrabulistic question!

Reply to
Phineas T Puddleduck