Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Infernal combustion question
I have a 2004 Chevy Cobalt (aka. Cavalier). When new, I was getting 30.5 mpg or so. Then about 45,000 miles the valves started to burn. Replaced the heads under warranty, and the mileage has dropped...
20
20

one dimensional transient thermal analysis of a fin
Hi I am looking for an analytical solution for a one dimensional transient thermal analysis for a fin. Looking at the problem it seems to be solvable. I tried to solve, but am not sure if I am...
1
1

First GM lithium-ion powered cars would be available in 2010
The world's largest automaker by sales was to announce the hybrid system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current...
1
1

Finite Element Analysis Benchmarks
I've heard that standards exist for verification and validation of FEA solutions. I've done some digging and all I've seen available are the NAFEMS Standard Benchmarks. Are these widely used and/or...

I need find maximal torsion moment of lower leg.
Hallo, Please I need find literature, where are informations of maximal torsial moment on lower leg. Thank you.... :)

How much leakage is common in industrial steam turbines?
For the kilowatt and megawatt range, how much steam leakage is common in steam turbines (for electrical generation)? Are we talking milligrams per day, grams per day, pounds per day of steam? Thanks,...

Instrumentation 2008 a Great Success
I hope you were able to attend. Many videos were taken at the expo - = this one is a walking tour of one section of the exhibit hall... = 2008 Expo & Training was held on February 28, 2008, in = Los...

millwright and engineer
Thank you so much,comrades! I have another question: Can millwright become an engineer?
6
6

Enough compressed air for an air cannon?
Hi folks, I hope I can get some advice on a project I have to build an aircannon that can shoot a ball out using compressed air. Thanks in advance for any tips! The ball is 70mm and made out of light...
7
7

Mechanical Engineering Positions
ABCO Automation, Inc., located in the highly desirable Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is seeking an experience Mechanical Engineering Team Leader and Mechanical Engineer. Qualified...

Fluid Dynamics Engineer - PAX Mixer Inc - San Rafael, CA
PAX Mixer Inc. (PMI) located in San Rafael (soon to be Napa, CA) is a well-funded start-up company developing novel industrial mixing technologies for a variety of industries including biofuels, waste...

A Roots Blower Style Air Flow Engine
The roots blower as a compressor for turbine operation requires several stages. A single stage cannot cause the correct combustor pressure. BUt simple low speed roots systems can function. SO three...
2
2

planetary gear ratio calculations
I have been trying to figure out what the gear ratio for a planetary gear is when the sun gear is held stationary and the input and output are the Planet carrier and Ring gear. I think the reason I...
6
6

ASTM FASTENERS MANUAL
I M LOOKING FOR ASTM STANDARDS MANUAL FOR FASTENERS. I M INTO MANUFACTURING OF FASTENERS, NEED SPECIFICATION & STANDARD REGULARLY, IF I PURCHASE IT'S TOO COSTLY. IF ANY ONE CAN PROVIDE..
2
2

how to find a job
I already sent a lot of resume through fax but no respose. Who can help me or give me some advice.
6
6