Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ideal Int Combust Fuel Blending
If cost and pollution were NOT considered, what fuel blend would be ideal for an internal combustion engine, in terms of knocking, power, corrosion, compactness, gunking and so on? What were they...
17
17

hey guys i mean engineers.....
hi, this is manish purohit. i have joined just now. i am a mechanical engineer and i am working in Reliance Ind. Ltd (India). well friends i like study on FEA and softwares used for analyses but i...

Technical Drawing (1933) - F.E. Giesecke, PH.D.
Technical Drawing (1933) F.E. Giesecke, PH.D. Director, Texas Engineering Experiment Station College Architect A. Mitchell, B.C.E. Professor of Engineering Drawing H.C. Spencer, M.S. Assistant...

POWER SPECTRUM 2D FIELD
Is there someone who can help me to calculate and plot the power spectrum of a 2D field? I have already calculated the power spectral density (it's a 3D function) of the matrix through the FFt of the...
1
1

Understanding Euler/Cardan Angles?
I have a question regarding the explaination of Euler/Cardan Angles? I do not really understand them, or really know how to apply this to human movment. I know they are sequence driven and will change...
1
1

What is a flexible manipulator?
I will do some study of controlling flexible manipulators, but I never see one before, so can anybody give me an example or a tutorial? Thx a lot!

Underwater Internal Combustion Engine
Could anyone point me to some online literature on underwater internal combustion engines? Specially the exhaust and air supply schemes one could use. Much appreciated...
5
5

Temperature dependency of ballistic resistance of ARMOX 500
Normally when people do testing of hard ballistic steel, like ARMOX, they test at an ambient temperature of about 20 degree celcius. Do different temperatures of the steel mean difference in the...
2
2

OT: what's a good printer for technical drawings?
Hello, I am looking to buy a color laser printer in the $500-2000 range to print technical drawings. Could someone recommend a model that prints sharp line art and fonts, and also does automatic...

Minature/Small Force or Pressure Sensors???
I am looking for a small force sensor or pressure sensor. Something with a sensing area that is very small and thin (no thicker than 1mm). When I say small, anywhere from 0.2mm to 5mm in surface area....

Mechanical Engineering Contractors in MA
Hi, I'm hoping that you may be able to help me out. I've been a recruiter for 11 years, primarily in the field of HW Engineering (ASIC/ FPGA). I'm trying to expand my network into Mechanical...

Deformation of thin flexible elastic wire in pure bending & twisting
A constant section long slender wire made of linear elastic high elongation material like fiberglass has ( flexural, torsional ) properties/rigidities ( EI, GJ ).It develops (flexural,torsional)...

trying
to enable post

Can dynamic equivalent stiffness matrix sigularity??
Dear all, I have two questions boring me. 1. In finite element dynamic analysis. The structrural equivalent stiffness matrix, Ke=K+2/h*C+4/h^2*M, can become sigularity?? I kown that in static analysis...
2
2

Why C02. . .
Why do they use C02 in those little cartridges used for paint ball and other things, instead of some other gas like nitrogen or or just air? Also can someone point me to a good site with formulas that...
3
3