Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

thick copper wire tubular oven
hi group, please help me with this engineering matter I need to heat the polimer coat of a rectangular thick copper wire (8.2 cm X 3.8 cm of section =3D 3.2 x 1.5 inch) who runs axially inside of a...
1
1

hoe I can get free tutorial of fluid mechanics?
Hi friends I am harshil mehta I am finding the free tutorial of fluid mechanics how I can get that?Any site is there? If you know this plz inform me on the email
1
1

Algor question
I am wondering if anyone has any experience of running Algor with 64bit vs 32 bit. We've been told by Algor reps that there is a "great improvement" but I take that with a grain of salt. I would like...
3
3

Re: hydrogen for nothing
Dear RichD: Electrolysis = electricity Electricity =/= free The amount of hydrogen liberated during electrolysis represents less energy that it took to make it. How about this: push both hydrogens...
38
38

Turbine Bypass system
Hi, I am a mechanical engineering student, and my group and I were given this problem: Emergency Steam Dump System An nuclear power plant has 4 steam generators that produce 1000 kg/s steam at 50 bar...
6
6

hi!! 2 all
hi!! everybody. i m newly joined this group. it's great 2 know that people sare thier problems 2 get solution. i m feeling lucky 2 join this group of mech engg. i am engg. student & will find much aut...
2
2

Big hole drilling on a cylindrical vessel
Which is the best method to drill 300mm. holes on a mild steel vessel 30mm thick ? Thanks in advance. Sel=E7uk SANCAK
2
2

Is there an organization or "society" that collects older electrical engineering lit & specs?
Tech data. Technical papers. Mostly Power and Controls (otherwise not electronic). Mostly 40's thru 70's (maybe) I also can dig out boxes of 80's and 90's IEEE serial publications. Any use to...
3
3

bending of a circular plates supported in three points
Hello, i am searching the solution for a circular plate supported in three points. I know that the solution for the plate supported along the edge exists, but what about a formula regarding the plate...
1
1

statistics / SPC textbook referral question
Hi all, I posted a while ago about an exciting job interview, and got some great feedback re. interview techniques, etc....long story (and LOOOONG interview- 5 hours of technical questions!) short, I...

3d flow upstream of a cylinder
Hello, I am tyring to make a simple mathematical model to describe the velocity of air in the 2D plane that a wind turbine rotor rotates in. I am concentrating my project on turbine configurations...

Looking for compressibility and thermal expansion coeffecients for fresh and salt water
Hi there. I have some old printed graphs which I use to get values for calculations, namely: compressibility of fresh water compressibility of sea water (salinity 3.5%) coefficient of thermal...
18
18

Folded/Convoluted High HX Area Stamped Surface
Is there any common everyday thin metal waffle stamped item that has a surface area about an order of magnitude more than the spanned area? It could be any metal at least as rigid as aluminum. At...
4
4

Help: Gear Disengagement
Hello and thank you for reading my message. Has anyone seen or had any experience with gear disengagement? I have two gears on parallel shafts with involute tooth profiles that I want to disconnect...
4
4

Re: Physics question
Dear Ben Hopkins: "Ben Hopkins" wrote in message news:gjBvh.16827$ adding The configuration of your freezer's cooling system is such that it is most "effective" near a certain temperature...
3
3