carburetor!!!

Hi I just bought a Gravely 1974 Tractor and I realy need to clean the carb but I can't get the bowl off. I was wondering if there was a certain way to take it off.

Reply to
riley2198

Assuming a Carter Model N carb (as used on Kohler K241 and K301 engines), there's a 9/16" brass hex nut at the bottom of the bowl. Remove it and the bowl can be pulled straight down. If the bowl won't come off, it may be frozen to the carb body by corrosion.

Art W.

Reply to
Art Woodbury