Career Change - Looking for input/advice

Greetings all,
I am considering a career change and seriously considering the field of
mechanical engineering. I am not sure what area within ME, as I am
unfamiliar with all of the options. My background is in computer
science. I have been out of that field for a few years now and my plan
is to get my masters degree in ME over the next few years.
I guess what I am looking for is some ideas of the type of work some of
you did when you first got into the field. Also, what are some of the
challenges that you faced in growing your career to where you wanted it
to go.
Thanks ahead of time.
Reply to
wlowrey