[drilling +BEM]

Hello,
i would like to ask you, if the Boundary Element Method, can be
applied in a virtual drilling/sculpting environment with a haptic
interface. The haptic demands almost 1000Hz refresh rate for the
feeling to be acceptable. I am not talking about metal drilling, but
for smaller sizes of pieces and working tools, as in tooth drilling
with dental burrs. Is there a possibility that with either FEM/BEM or
some other method, the 1000Hz refresh rate will be acquired ? I was
told that there is a new[?] Galerkin method in which meshing is not
required. Is that correct ?
Thanx
Reply to
John Fourkiotis