elastic seal?

i have a large (1m x 1m) aperture within a fixed panel. a tool moves
up, down, left and right within the aperture, with a total range of
about 700mm x 700mm. i'm looking for a type of flexible/elastic seal
that is able to seal off the gap between the aperture periphery and the
tool. i imagine a highly stretchable rubber sheet, maybe ribbed. does
anything like this exist? the aperture could be made bigger, and
circular if need be. thanks.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
How about a " pyramid " of cloth, suitably proofed. This would form a seal with a single pleat if attached to the panel at it's base and the top was attached to the tool in the same plane as the panel.
what size / shape is the tool in the plane of the panel ?
Reply to
Jonathan Barnes
Would a flexible boot like existed on the old collapsible Kodak-Land cameras do the trick? If so, search the Net for the term "accordian bellows".
Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC
formatting link

bob wrote:
Reply to

Site Timeline

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.