bearing seal

I got to the bottom of my CNC mill trouble...
I need an extremely odd size bearing seal. No way will anyone halfway close to me has this. What's you favorite online specialty bearing
place?
The particulars. bearing seal OD 2.687" (caliper on bent seal - may be off a bit) rotating shaft size 1.567" (mike)
seal height (caliper on bent again) 0.375"
Numbers on seal ? 26915638 R4 (can't make out first character)
My problem, the mill leaks oil like crazy and slings all over the shop. Somebody has been there before me and put some sort of sealant on the seal's OD to the AL housing. I think this is where the leak is, the rubber looks great. Anyone ever used a sealant on a seal?
Karl
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:16:43 -0500, Karl Townsend

Both Harwal and Chicago Rawhide (SKF) show candidates: http://harwal.com/product/15776 http://www.skfextranet.com/catalogs/457010/sealdetail.asp?s730
--
Ned Simmons

Karl Townsend wrote:

On my old truck axle lube was leaking onto the brake shoes, the seals were good, but there was a gouge in the housing that was letting lube past the outside of the seal. A bit of red Permatex RTV solved the problem.
Thanks Ned and Pete. Part is on order and I'll pick up the permatex at the local auto parts store.
Karl
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:16:43 -0500, Karl Townsend

Oh, yeah. I used Elephant Snot (3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive), various types of RTV, pure silicone sealant, etc. on the outside of engine seals all the time, when I wrenched. Clean the mating parts well with the proper solvent, goop 'em up (usually the corner of the seal/flange OD) and tap 'em in. To make it work properly, all the oil has to be removed from that junction. I've seen people goop the seals but not wipe the drip of oil off the mating surface, and the new seal kept up the leak. <sigh>
Match the sealant to the max temperature and the type of lubricant involved for the best results.
--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
Larry Jaques wrote:

Where do you keep the Elephant?
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 11:50:20 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

In the medicine cabinet, of course.
--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
Larry Jaques wrote:

You must take a LOT of drugs!
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 18:39:33 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Doesn't everyone? </innocence>
--
The Road to Success...is always under construction.
--anon
Larry Jaques wrote:

Too many, for too many health issues. A literal handful at bedtime, It's hard to hold them all in one hand to swallow them. :(
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:27:17 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Condolences. Most of mine are vitamins, + 2 for health (BP and pain)
--
The Road to Success...is always under construction.
--anon
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 11:50:20 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

In the bottle of course!
After work..he can often be found in the Elephant Bar.
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Gunner Asch wrote:

Is that anywhere close to the Grisly Bar?
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 18:40:34 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

kiddy corner down the street.
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Gunner Asch wrote:

Aren't you afraid the kiddies will hurt the grisly? ;-)
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:28:16 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Nah...lots of imported Gizzlies. Where do you think they put the bad bears when they fuck somebody up? Let the kiddies have them.
brrrrr!!
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Gunner Asch wrote:

Grizzlies should never try to play midnight basketball in Chicago!
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 00:39:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

They get turned into pimpmobile upholstery in very short order
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Gunner Asch wrote:

It's too bad that they declaw them, first.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

--== Warning ==-- The Colorado State Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen, rock hounds and golfers to take extra precautions and be on the alert for bears while in the Dillon, Breckenridge and Keystone areas.
They advise people to wear noise-producing devices, such as small bells, on their clothing to alert but not startle bears unexpectedly. They also advise you to carry pepper spray, in case of an encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch for signs of bear activity.
People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings. Black bear droppings are smaller and contain berries and possibly squirrel fur. Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray. -
Arh, arh, arh! (my bering seal liked that one)