Oil seal removal

Here are a few ideas on the subject from rec.crafts.metalworking:

Some of the automotive places sell a little corkscrew device that screws into the seal for removing it.

i have bent nails into a small hook at the end. nails arent hard enough to score the shaft and they slip under the seal's seat. fastest method.

I generally drive a sheet metal scre into the face of the seal, then use that to pull the seal out with a pliers od pry-bar.

Lisle and KD make oil seal pullers, they work pretty well. Harbor Freight has one but it bends. Try a good auto parts store:

Love, Dad

Reply to
spaco

Thanks, Dad. Can I borrow your car while I'm replacing the seals?

Reply to
ATP*