engineering tolerances

Hi all,
Can somebody recommend me a good source of information (books,
standards, articles etc) about the engineering tolerances for big
parts? Say, if I would like to build a replica of an whale/elephant in
wood, concrete and alike, what are the acceptable tolerances for usual
manufacturing practice - presuming the initial measurements are ideal
exact. Some methods of checking the results also, some advice...
(Google was not my friend this time)
Any help is greatly apreciated,
Lee
Reply to