engineering tolerances

Hi all,

Can somebody recommend me a good source of information (books, standards, articles etc) about the engineering tolerances for big parts? Say, if I would like to build a replica of an whale/elephant in wood, concrete and alike, what are the acceptable tolerances for usual manufacturing practice - presuming the initial measurements are ideal exact. Some methods of checking the results also, some advice...

(Google was not my friend this time)

Any help is greatly apreciated, Lee

Reply to
Lee