FSI in ansys 9.0

Hello, My university has Ansys 9.0 installed. It has the FSI capability as well. Is there a tutorial on FSI using Ansys 9.0 anywhere online? Ansys does not provide a GUI tutorial. All it does is tell which commands are to be used and so on. I realize that I need to create a fluid mesh and a structure mesh separately and flag the interfaces using FSIN, but do I need to save them separately as .db files in the same folder? If so, which file do I use to run the solution from? If someone can help, it would be really great!

Reply to
prabu.ganesh

Unfortunately, I do not know about the tutorial for FSI. Good sources to search for info are:

and

Yet, when you learn it, probably you would be interested to speed up harmonic simulation. This can be done with MOR for ANSYS and you can find a few slides about this in the third lecture of my Euroisme tutorial at

Evgenii

Reply to
Evgenii Rudnyi

In your Slide 33, you show a fluid-structure interaction formulation with non-symmetric matrices. I am not an Ansys user, but I would hope that Ansys does not use the formulation shown, since, if one uses velocity potential instead of pressure as the fundamental unknown in the fluid, a symmetric formulation results.

Reference: G.C. Everstine, "A Symmetric Potential Formulation for Fluid-Structure Interaction," J. Sound and Vibration 79(1), 157-160 (1981), available at

Gordon

Dear Gordon,

Well, this is exactly what ANSYS does. You can have a look at ANSYS Theory Reference.

It well might be, I should say that I am not an expert in acoustics. Model reduction should work in both cases anyway.

Best wishes,

Evgenii

Reply to
Evgenii Rudnyi