Gear Simulation Tools/Software

Hi,
We are a group of students who are doing a course in mechanical
engineering.
We are trying to make a gearbox based on Continuosly Variable
Transmission (CVT)
Naturally, a lot of gears are involved. If we were to make a prototype,
it would prove to be costly.
Could you please suggest some good tools for Simulation of gear motion
which can then generate the frictional losses, efficiency, failure
rate, etc?
We are trying to find about LMS Virtual.Lab, Simulink...etc
Thanks
Dex
Reply to
indexterslab