High Speed Payout Winch

I'm wondering if anyone has used or knows of a manufacturer of winches capable of high payout speeds. I need controlled payout speeds of up to 350 ft/s, and braking forces of 10,000lb - 20,000lb. Pulling forces are around 2,000lbs.

Reply to
g3_josh

This is about 240 mph!! - I doubt you will find one off the shelf.

Try googling high speed winch.

B Pike

Reply to
BGP

This is some application. What are you trying to move this quickly?

Michael

Reply to
Herman Family

Speaking of winches, can anyone recommend a winch/hoist that we can use for an ore tram? The angle of the tram is 35 degrees and the haulage distance is about seven hundred feet. We have oilfield wireline cable and 36" sheaves that we can use to support the ore bucket; the hoist merely needs to pull the bucket up a hill. Northern Equipment catalog had a PTO driven, high capacity drum but I fell asleep at the switch and didn't pick one up before they discontinued selling them.

Thanks,

Eric

Reply to
Grace Mining