mass matrix and structural analysis

could anyone direct me to literature on the net, that shows how to assemble the mass matrix for ***3D*** frame structures, when doing free-vibration analysis ?

Reply to
erik

You could ask in the forums on

A lot more people there who know stuff :P I've done some finite element work, but can't quite remember how the matrices were assembled, especilly not in that case.

But really a university library is probably the best bet for this kind of thing, it's such a common problem there'll be heaps of books describing it better than an web page would.

Reply to
nottoooily

Gere & Weaver Analysis of Framed Structures

Sometimes you have to use a text book

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207