Natural frequemcy and Modal shape of the HUMAN FEMUR using ANSYS PROGRAM ver.10

HELLO MY name is Hani Mechanical engineering

my thesis is about to determin the natural frequency and mode shape to the human femur

MY calculations was by using ANSYS PROGRAM ver.10 for FEM

now with my work i am started create my thesis subjects such as INTRODUCTION, LITRUTURE VIEW ...etc

please any one have papers ,books, thesis, researchs, journals, any subject may be useful in my litruture view or other chapters.......etc that can be useful for me and i will be grateful for all one like to help pther people

special thanks to Mr. Dave Parker for his helping about ansys program in the last time.

Reply to
hani_aden

You're welcome for the ANSYS help. It's been a while since I've run ANSYS in batch mode so I hope my instructions worked. I hope I can be of more help on this subject. I think my university did not properly emphasize the importance of solid literature research skills. However, I've found the ability to find relevant publications an important tool in keeping up-to-date on the latest research in my field, and in educating myself on new problems I encounter in my job. Luckily my wife (a social science and marketing researcher) taught me a few key aspects of doing a good literature review. Now I'll step off my soap- box and give some practical tips:

A. Develop an Initial List of References Start by developing a list that includes the Title, Author, Date, and Keywords of papers or textbooks on your subject from several sources. It's great if you can get full-text copies of the papers at the same time, but getting a list of the information above is the priority at first. There are many sources to find references. Ask peers, professors, or consultants. Look for references used in textbooks. Perform a web search on the subject - I use Google (Web, Print and Scholar search tools), NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS), and Scitation websites.

B. Perform a Preliminary Review of the References for Relevancy If you have full-text copies of any of the references, read the "Introduction" and "Conclusions" to verify that they are relevant to your problem. If you do not have access to full-text copies of the papers, then use the websites listed above to look up abstracts and keywords for the papers. I don't have access to a research library so I typically have to rely on abstracts to determine if a reference is relevant to me. Then I purchase the paper from the Linda Hall Library.

C. References Yield More (And Better) References This step is the key to doing a good literature review. Once you have full-text copies of a handful of papers, read the "Background" or "Previous Studies" sections of the papers. These sections will give the history of previous research on the subject, and summaries of the findings from previous publications. Identify references that are highly relevant to your problem and add them to your list. You'll probably also note that one or two landmark papers are referenced by almost everyone - add these to your list. For some subjects you may find papers that are purely a review of previous studies. These "lit review" type papers provide a broad overview of research findings in the field and are a gold-mine useful references. This step helps you expand your list of references exponentially - guiding you to more and better papers on your subject.

D. Compare Findings This is the most tedious step, but you need to compare the findings on a common basis to determine if there is a consensus in results among researchers. This can be a difficult process, especially if there are many variables under consideration, or different means of non- dimensionalizing and correlating data. You'll then have to try to convert results to common non-dimensional groups.

D. Identify "Poor" Publications After reading several dozen papers you'll develop a good understanding of the state-of-the-art experimental/analytical techniques, status of research, important variables, consensus findings and best methods of correlating data. Use this knowledge to identify poor papers. Some examples: an inaccurate experimental setup or analytical technique, limited variation in important variables, unexplained deviation of findings from consensus of other researchers, overly simplified or specialized geometry/boundary conditions. These papers may not actually be "Poor", but be cautious in using them.

I hope this helps, Dave Parker West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Reply to
dgp

Here's the first eight of 125000 on line references to a Google search for "natural frequency and modes of human femur"

[PDF] Investigation of the propagation of vibrations through the human femur File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat The forced vibrations of the human femur under boundary conditions corresponding to ... dict the mode of propagation of vibrations on the frequency interval ...

Vibrational Characteristics of Bone Fracture and Fracture Repair ...To verify this resonance frequency, femur motion at its end was measured directly by the ... BlevinsR., 2001, Formulas for Natural Frequency and Mode Shape, ... link.aip.org/link/?JBENDY/128/300/1

[PDF] Experimental Modal Analysis of a Synthetic Composite FemurFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat human femur for in vitro biomechanical studies. This pro- ... the presence of six natural modes in the frequency band [0,. 1.6 kHz]. ... exm.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/44/1/29.pdf [PDF] Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology , 1 (2), 165-175 (2002)File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML the human femur in vivo. Med Phys 7(4): 324-330. Ascenzi A, Baschieri P, ... The integer subscripts order the modes by ascending frequency. ... silver.neep.wisc.edu/~lakes/BoneMap.pdf

ScienceDirect - Ultrasonics : Use of multiple acoustic wave modes ...In a higher frequency band (0.5?1 MHz) the first propagating wave mode has ... Age-related hypermineralization in the female proximal human femur, Anat Rec. ... linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0041624X05000119

JSTOR: Force Actions Transmitted by Joints in the Human BodyThe wear characteristics of a joint will depend on the mode of lubrication. ... Paul, J. P. 1 97ob Load actions on the human femur in walking and some ... links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0080-4649(19760120)192%3A1107%3C163%3AFATBJI%3E2.0.CO%3B2-O

iMechanica - solid mechanicsThe natural frequency in this case is determined by material properties (ie ... Analysis of human femur; Rejection seats; Stress waves in a baseball bat ... imechanica.org/taxonomy/term/179/0/feed

[PDF] Dielectric properties of bone and its main mineral component ...File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat relaxations, the TSC relaxation modes of bone can be compared with ... have been cut from the mid-diaphysis of a 20 years old human femur with a diamond ... ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/6733/18004/00831982.pdf **************************************************************************

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott