Need help determining strength of aluminum rod please.

I need to know how much weight a =BD=94 aluminum rod will support. The rod=
is T-6061-T6 and is 18=94 long. It will be support by the first 3=94 in a =
fixture. How much weight can I put on the end before it bends?
Reply to
LaneG
Dear LaneG:
Round rod? The 3" is very rigidly held, but will not cut into the bottom "fibers" of the rod?
(formulae)
(yield strength of 35,000 psi)
(concentration factors due to assumed lousy clamping method)
David A. Smith
Reply to
dlzc

Site Timeline