safe cracking

Remember those old movies, where the burglar picked the safe, listening through a stethoscope?

Well, out of curiosity, I bought a stethoscope, and tried it on my gym locker, a standard Master combination lock. I went slowly through the numbers, and heard..... nothing. No telltale as I hit the combination.

So what's it all about, anybody know? Hollywood fiction?

-- Rich

Reply to
RichD

RichD contributed wisdom to news:c0208fb7-833a- snipped-for-privacy@q40g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

It would have to be one that is large enough and usually made of iron, in order to hear the tunblers fall into place. At about the time that was being shown in movies, such safes were being phased out

Gandalf Parker

Reply to
Gandalf Parker

Throw in Tech to understand...metal walls reverb tumbling tumblers...

FACT...

THANKS

-- These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.

with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

Reply to
DasFox