Wing In Ground Effect

Does anyone know where I can get very good technical information on the design of wing in ground effect craft? I've got a lot of basic info but not much I can use to help in a design. Thanks.

Reply to
O'neil Coleman

Try "Aerodynamics of a Lifting System in Extreme Ground Effect" Call letters in a library were TL574 G7 R69. The authors were Russian. In scanning it, it seemed very technical.

Reply to
Stan Lass

I really need info, can anyone help me?

Reply to
O'neil Coleman

Have you used Google?

Take a look at the Java applets at
Search for ground effect in the airfoil database Note reference to XFOIL

Other information:

extensive research papers available
Beginner's Guide Index - Basic stuff

Race and solar car aerodynamics necessarily take ground effect into account; the former mainly in order to increase down-force, the latter to minimise drag while using down-force to counter lift and to locate the down-force advantageously.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche