Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ANSYS SOLUTION PROBLEM
HI my thesis is about to calculate the natural frequencies and modal shape of the HUMAN FEMUR using ANSYS 10 PROGRAM . I had completing geometry crating and meshing it , FREE MESH , AND THE volume of...
3
3

Impact velocity of blown off cover
I have a vertically oriented vacuum vessel with a bottom cover held to an o-ring seal with a quick release device. The device is just enough to hold the weight of the cover for lowering and raising...
4
4

IGNITION SYSTEM
do anyone have any pdf about the ignition system, its history and the change in design fro early stage to todays electronics controlled ignition specifically of motorcycles i need it for my mini...
1
1

Quasiturbine Engine Exhaust Heat Recovery?
Bonjour, Interested by Engine Exhaust Heat Recovery? A recent white paper is providing an overview on the matter. See the list of Publications at Energy Central:...
1
1

need stress-strain curve of AISI 630
Hello everybody, I need "stress-strain curve" of the material AISI 630, does anybody know how/where i can find it? Regards Latif TASTAN
4
4

WIND TUNNEL DESIGN
thanks for the ones who helped but i think the help is not sufficient enough, so please mail me if anyone have any books(pdf or any other format) if it is possible to start my project, as i am a...
3
3

high quality mechanical seals
Our main products are: 1 Mechanical seals ,pump shaft seals ,cartridge seals,etc 2 O-rings, water seals, oil seals,etc. 3 TC Rings , SIC Rings ,Metal Weld bellows etc.
1
1

Need your help...
Hi alls. I'm Jeff Ph=E1=BA=A1m. I'm vietnamese, Now, I'm studying at Nha Tr= ang University to become a mechanical engineer. I want to know more and more about machine... Plz, help me...

plate fin type heat exchanger design
i need help regarding the thermal as well as mechanical design of plate fin type heat exchanger. i have referred some reference books for it.. but finding it difficult to start with...can anyone help...
1
1

laminar flow and shear forces
Hello all, I'm studying bacteria in a microfluidic channel, and I'm trying to understand the relevant fluid mechanics. Specifically, I'd like to know two things: 1) what a laminar flow profile looks...
7
7

hi i need help for my final year project topic:COMPLETE DESIGN OF WIND TUNNEL
ALTHOUGH A LOT MATERIALS ARE FOUND IN NET BUT THERE RE VERY FEW SHOWING THE CALCULATIONS HOW THE CONTRACTOR ANF EXPANDER ARE DESIGNED SO ANY HELP ARE WELCOMED
6
6

Halogen-free Flame Retardants Market Worldwide/New Study by hkc22.com.....
New Study by Halogen-free Flame retardants market will increase from 1.62 bn US $ in 2005 and to 2.72 bn US $ in 2010 worldwide. Nanotechnology will play the key role in improving fire-retardant...

Re: Screw Engineering with a stick!
Dear mecheng_no_more: ... I've been there. I'm still there. The "sweat of my brow" was cut up with a torch so the competition didn't get it. My plant was closed, and my employees fired, because Sri...
6
6

injection molding skills transferrable to defense industry type work?
HI, I have been out of school for almost 3 years. I graduated in Manufacturing Engineering then took a job at BAE Systems in IT in hopes that I could pull a clearance and get into some sort of entry...
2
2

Problem with Abaqus explicit
Hi everybody! I'm a new user of Abaqus and I have some problems to make a simulation using Abaq. Explicit. I tested a very simple simulation by Abq. Standard that was ok (contact between two solid...