Problem with Abaqus explicit

Hi everybody! I'm a new user of Abaqus and I have some problems to make a simulation using Abaq. Explicit. I tested a very simple simulation by Abq. Standard that was ok
(contact between two solid section). When I try to do the same simulation using the Abq. Explicit mode (with the step modified by the explicit rules) the calculation runs but the results are not correct (the simulation doesn't work.... all the tool don't move although the displacements and the velocity that I applied them....) Could it depend from mass scaling? How could I calculate a correct mass scaling? Which other could be the cause?
I need to learn to use abaqus explicit because I want to use in the next simulations the adaptive mesh.... Thanks in advanced everybody!