Re: [Q] Problem creating data files in ABAQUS/Explicit user subroutine VUMAT

Dear Wim,

I am using the syntax

open(16,file='path and filename',position='append') write(16,*) Lot,po(Lot),pu(Lot)

in Abaqus Standard. I advise you to post your question in the Abaqus mailing list :

Good luck,

Frank

Wim VAN PAEPEGEM schrieb:

Hello, > > I am working with ABAQUS 6.3-4 on a Sun Workstation. I am writing the > user-defined subroutine VUMAT for use with ABAQUS/Explicit for dynamic > analyses. > In this subroutine VUMAT, I would like to write several results to my > own data files. To that purpose, I have tried several ways to create > my own data files, but none of them succeeded. > > 1) in the ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual Volume III, section 24.1.1, it > is written that debug output can be written to FORTRAN unit 6 (.dat) > or 7 (.msg). You don't need to open the file. > In the section 4.1.23 of the online manual ABAQUS Input files, this is > shown indeed in the example FORTRAN files, where they simply use the > statement: > WRITE(7,*) 'This is the user output' > but it doesn't work with me. > > 2) in the ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual Volume III, section 24.1.1, it > is also written that you can use FORTRAN units 15 through 18 or units > greater than 100. These units have to be opened and closed by the > user. > If I enter the following FORTRAN code in VUMAT.F: > OPEN(UNIT=16, > & FILE='/space/wim/abaqus/rotating_cylinder_2D/report', > & STATUS='UNKNOWN') > I get no runtime errors and the file is indeed created in my > directory, but once that I try to write to this file, I get the error > code: > ld.so.1: /opt/ABAQUS/6.3-4/exec/package.x: fatal: relocation error: > file /tmp/wim_rotcyl2d_30 > 50/libexplicitU.so: symbol __s_wsFe_pv: referenced symbol not found > > 3) finally I tried the UEXTERNALDB subroutine, but that doesn't work > either. > This subroutine is only discussed in the manual for ABAQUS/Standard, > where you have to include the statement: > include 'aba_param.inc' > in the subroutine UEXTERNALDB. I changed this into: > include 'vaba_param.inc' > for dynamic simulations. > The routine compiles, but once I declare a OPEN-statement, I get an > error. Further I am not sure how to call this subroutine. Do you need > an explicit call to the subroutine, or it is automatically called each > time that the user subroutine VUMAT is called ? > > If anybody knows *some* way of opening user files (it does not really > matter which method works), please let me know. > > Best regards, > Wim Van Paepegem > snipped-for-privacy@UGent.be
Reply to
Frank Richter