Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Open Poitions
Pardon for the interruption of the Tech discussion. My comapny is searching for 1. Chief Metallurgist and 3 Process Mets. Our comapny is a Steel processing, heat treater. Positions are located in...
2
2

Metal detectors and non-magnetic materials????
How do metal detectors locate non-magnetic materials? thanks in advance
12
12

Metallurgy tool ID
Someone sent me some photos of a tool that was previously owned by a metallugist, I haven't had any luck searching for info on it, so I thought that I would ask here to see if anyone might know what...
13
13

Equivalent spec for S132 Steel
I'm looking for the american equivalent spec (AMS perhaps??) for S132 Nitrided steel. Anybody know what it is? If not anyone know where I can find the material properties for this steel? Thanks in...
1
1

ferroalloy production puzzle
Sir I need the active support for my Question. In case of Aluminothermic production of ferrotitanium from ilmenite or rutile Aluminium powder is added with lime and mill scale. in case of commercial...

Looking for filler material for weld repair of CE3MN castings
Hi All, I am looking for a filler material for weld repair of CE3MN castings. I need filler material that can meet ASTM A890 / 995 Grade 5A with the following ferrite requirement 35-65% ferrite using...

Future development of steel
Hi everybody: I want to know what are you think about the steel in the future, what is next, improvements, steps, research, etc. if you have any document i'll be apreciated too regards
2
2

Mechanics: Modeling, Experimentation and Computation
JOIN The group for Mechanics: Modeling, Experimentation and Computation

vertical casting of copper billet
Hello Everybody i have just joined this group. i am running a continuous casting machine casting copper alloys vertically with the billet dia of 230mm. We sometimes receive a crack in the middle of...
2
2

why 18 Cr in 18/8 steel
The question was why increasing to 18 Cr in austenitic staibnless steels when 11 is enough to make it stainless. The answer is that when casting the steel it is better to have ferrite forming from the...

18/8 stainless steel question
I understand that for stainless steel to be stainless it needs at least 11% chromium. I also understand that adding nickel is needed in order to produce an austenitic sturcture at room temperature....

Metal for space?
In the February 2001 edition of Playboy, along with lots of photographs of attractive young American women wearing hardly any clothes or nothing at all, was an interesting article about US astronauts...
5
5

ferroalloy production
Sir Happy chirstmas to everybody This is amitava dutta. I am planning to produce different ferroalloys in a small scale experimental production facility through thermit process as because I donot have...

Ashing Resins Recovering Precious Metals
Does anyone have any information on how to ash or incinerate resins to recover precious metals. Thanks in advance. /s/ Tom Milam, Jr.

Oxidation of copper
I posted this elsewhere and got no response, so thought i'd try here which seems a more appropriate group, any reccomendations for posting would also be appreciated: Whilst looking into OFC speaker...
1
1