aluminium 6060 versus 5754

Hello everybody,

To make a folding kayak, I need aluminium tubes to build it.

My problem is that I do not find the diameters I need (16 mm and 14 mm) in the same metal shade.

I find 16 mm in 6060 T5 and 14 mm in 5754 H111.

So for this application, what is the advantage/disadvantage of each shade ?

The main point (I think) is the flexural strength.

Thank you for answering

Sincerely.

Pierre

Reply to