Very clever machinist, Keith Fenner.

Neglect

Resurrection

The refurbishment of the Wood chop saw, seen in Neglect...

Resurrection Part 2

Resurrection Part 3

Resurrection Part 4

Resurrection Part 5

Resurrection the final episode

I have a new found appreciation for machinists thanks to this guy.

Reply to
Jim Barber

Keith is one of my favorite youtube machininists. I like the weird ways he sometimes uses his camel back drill press for machining work.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Yep, Keith F., Adam, Lyle, Keith R. are just some of the ones I watch. All great guys who know what they are doing in the shop.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks, Jim. I learned what the funny thing that I now know if an attachment for a dial indicator to measure the inside of something on a lathe. My brother's father-in-law was a machinist and curt got all his tools. He gave me a bunch of stuff and one of the little lever devices was there. I am sure it has a name. but now I know how to use it if I need to.

The pouring of the babbit bearings reminded me of Dad replacing the babbit bearings in his sawmill. I was perhaps 8-9 years old. He did it in the back yard. I was really surprised at his skill. Guess farmers had to learn to repair everything!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Well that was a nice way to kill an hour+, sure glad I was at work. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

While there are always exceptions, farmers and folks from former commie countries seem REAL good at fixing and making stuff, even when they don't the right tools or supplies. Being able to flip through a catalog or go to a variety of stores to buy tools and supplies is something that's just not an option during tough times, which could last decades in former com bloc places.

For giggles I like to try real "country" type repairs on stuff. Sometimes they really do hold up. One of the longest lasting valve seat material I came up with was a 2 liter pop bottle cap. It's tough plastic and has an extra coating on the inside surface. It easily outlasts a flat rubber washer.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader