ascii code for running induction bonding machine (ameritherm hotshot)

I have a machine that uses induction to bond metals together (Ameritherm Hotshot II). The machine has a remote heat station that you set the wattage, and the time, etc (with up and down buttons) and it will run on its own. However, every time I need to bond different metals, thicknesses, widths, etc... I need to reset the info and go through the whole process again. The machine, has an rs-232 port on the back of it, which will accept codes written in ascii that will send that pertinent information to it. I would like some help (Im an ascii newbie) with writing these programs, so that I can store all the metals, thicknesses, etc in a laptop connected to this remote heat station, and then I can have anyone run it so long as they can read.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Scott PLEASE email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
ratedr1