Increasing corrosion rate

I am currently researching the relationship between ambient temperature and corrosion rate on steel. These steel pieces are currently tested
with a 5% NaCl @ 35degC salt spray (as per ASTM B117) for 1000 hours. I am charged with finding a way to reduce this testing time.
This topic has been widely discussed in a number of forums and websites, and everyone seems to agree that increasing the ambient temperature (until a certain point) will increase the corrosion rate. However, I have found no documents to support this claim, nor any definitive relationship between corrosion rate and temperature.
I am not a chemist or chemical engineer, merely an intern. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
-Kevin
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you don't believe, just measure the electric conductivity vs. temperature of your electrolyte.
Michael Dahms
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are you really researching Temp vs corrosion rate, or are you charged with finding a way to reduce testing time on steel samples? The two things are different.
If the latter, then I suggest you take a look at ASTM G85, a much more rigorous test.
cheers
--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur